Accounts Receivable/Chargeback Manager
Finance — Novato, CA | Remote
PetWise is an industry leader of smart, stylish, innovative and environmentally responsible pet products. We were founded in 1990 and our pet products are available across multiple retail and online channels throughout the world. We offer a collegial culture, a beautiful office location in Marin County, opportunities for career growth and competitive compensation and benefits. Come join our team and help us design the future of the company.
You will be tasked with supervising the accounts receivable staff, resolving late or skipped payments, updating financial records, and collecting the revenue generated by processing all invoices. You will also oversee the day-to-day operations and strategic goals of the accounts receivable cycle through management, maintenance, implementation, and design of all accounts receivable business procedures and functions for the entire accounts receivable collection process. This position reports directly to the Controller.Â You will also be responsible for design a chargeback process which includes working with other departments and resolving issues and collecting unauthorized chargebacks from customers.
- Maintain accurate records and control reports
- Manage collection activities such as negotiating with past-due accounts, referring account to collection agencies, and sending follow-ups. Also to log in daily to customer portals for collection efforts, to code collections and chargebacks to the correct GL accounts and month end report (as well as daily/weekly updates) on activities
- Communicate and explain work procedures to subordinates
- Ensure that operational criterion is reflected in the accounts receivable functions
- Update receivables by monitoring and coordinating all processing performed on orders that are delivered daily including transactions such as bank remittances
- Assist in the financial planning with the help of cash forecasting
- Contribute the essential information to adhere to the strategic goals of the company
- Assists Controller with monthly status reports, and monthly closings
- Maintain company confidentiality at all times
- Assessing credit-worthiness of potential new accounts, as well as existing accounts who have financial trouble or are slow in paying
- Work on documentation with others in the company, such as sales for new customer setup, or our employees in other countries on collection for drop ship paperwork
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelorâs degree in finance or related field preferred
- 5- 10 years of experience in collections and credit
- Superior spreadsheet skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior background in an accounts receivable position as the AR leader
- Ability to exhibit composure, patience, and confidence when facing difficult situations
- Self-starter with a proven track record of multi-tasking abilities
- Experience with Sage ERP 500 a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled and proficient at verifying financial or transactional data
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
PetWise is an innovation-driven organization poised for growth that embraces the vision to delight its customers while outperforming its competitors. The Company is also committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA and is an industry leader in the development and branding of smart, stylish and innovative pet products. The Companyâs has a highly diversified brand portfolio which includes: SmartyKat, goDog, Sherpa, TrustyPup, Pet Factory, FurHaven, Petlinks, Pawscout, Kitty Sift and PoochPlanet, and is a category leader in pet toys, cat products, beds and travel accessories. PetWise embraces diverse and passionate people who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace continuous improvement and who uphold PetWiseâs values and, of course, LOVE pets.
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Novato, CA, with additional offices in Bellingham, WA, McAllen, Tx, Mundelein, IL; the Company has its product development, manufacturing and 3PL capabilities across the continental U.S. and Canada. They also procure some of its products overseas in China, Hong Kong and Mexico. PetWise offers a fun, flexible, and pet-friendly working environment where employees are empowered to help design the future of the Company. The team is comprised of individuals who possess a passionate interest in eCommerce, digital-engagement trends, product innovation/sustainability and how technology can be leveraged to exceed the expectations of every pet owner!
PetWise was purchased by middle-market, private equity investment fund A&M Capital Partners (AMCP) in late 2021 and in early 2022, it acquired FurHaven Pet Products (FurHaven), a pet industry eCommerce leader. For more information on PetWise, visit https://www.petwiseproducts.com.
The annual base salary range for this position is $80K – $90K. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicantâs qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job.