Distribution 3PL Manager - Dallas/Ft. Worth Area
Operations — Remote
PetWise is the industry leader in innovative, safe, environmentally responsible pet products. We have a passionate team of pet lovers that is always striving to make a better, safer product that appeals to three audiences: retail buyer, pet parent and ultimately the pet.
The 3PL Manager operates with minimal supervision and has a primary responsibility for coordinating and facilitating 3PL operations between PetWise and our 3PL partner. This includes effectively communicating and scheduling requirements to ensure on-time delivery and service level commitments are met. Additionally, the 3PL Manager supports business development, improved efficiencies and management within the 3PL logistics team by monitoring service level commitments and addressing delivery change requests, complaints, damage, claims, compliance charges and invoicing discrepancies.
Position reports to PetWise â Director of Logistics. Target compensation – $75-90K. Position works day to day in our Dallas 3PL location.
- Act as onsite ‘eyes and ears’ for PetWise Novato team to ensure smooth and clear communication.
- Issue resolution including collaboration with teams for root cause and solutions of issues.
- Collaborate closely with DC to address any system and/or shipping issues.
- Reconcile and audit outbound invoices from 3PL, identifying and resolving discrepancies accurately.
- Respond promptly to all inquiries from PetWise team members, ensuring calls and emails are returned within a reasonable timeframe, typically within the same day.Â
- Conduct research, generate reports, and resolve billing and service discrepancies in alignment with PetWise goals and objectives.
- Ensure all vendor guides are current, and all minimum requirements are met by DC.
- Work Closely with PetWise Claims Manager to work with DC on any DC caused claims with corrective action (and any necessary training) put in place immediately.
- Compliance charge tracking in collaboration with PetWise resources to ensure corrective action and dispute resolution occurs in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate inventory practices and cycle counting is up to date.
- Monthly reporting on KPIs, process improvements and ongoing project tracking.
- Attend facility safety meetings and training sessions as necessary. Identify and mitigate hazards to actively promote the local 3PL safety program.
- Report all near misses, safety incidents, accidents, and employee injuries in accordance with established procedures.
- Review current key performance indicators (KPIs) in conjunction with 3PL and PetWise to ensure our metrics are accurate.
- Address all escalations, complaints, issues promptly to efficiently resolve service-related problems.
- Mandatory involvement in quality audits and adherence to established quality procedures.
- Some responsibility in coordinating the activities of team members project work. Does not direct or oversee the employeeâs daily work activities.
- Job contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of PetWise distribution, inventory and logistics strategy.
- Problems are highly varied, complex, and often non-recurring, requiring novel and creative approaches to resolution. Work is collaborative in nature and communication, accountability and on time requests are essential measurements of the individualâs success.
- High School diploma or equivalent required â¢ Bachelorâs degree and/or relevant 3PL logistics and transportation experience of 5-7 years accepted in lieu of formal education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to document issues and resolutions in a clear and concise way
- Competence of Microsoft Office programs with a high level of Excel skills
- Proficiency in utilizing third-party software and PetWise systems.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist, and turn.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work around strong odors & animal ingredients
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- The work environment is indoors, much of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
PetWise is an innovation-driven organization poised for growth that embraces the vision to delight its customers while outperforming its competitors. The Company is also committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA and is an industry leader in the development and branding of smart, stylish, and innovative pet products. The Companyâs has a highly diversified brand portfolio which includes: SmartyKat, goDog, Sherpa, TrustyPup, Treatly, FurHaven, Pawscout, and is a category leader in pet toys, cat products, beds, and travel accessories. PetWise embraces diverse and passionate people who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace continuous improvement and who uphold PetWiseâs values and, of course, LOVE pets.
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Novato, CA, with additional offices in Bellingham, WA, McAllen, Tx, Mundelein, IL; the Company has its product development, manufacturing and 3PL capabilities across the continental U.S. and Canada. They also procure some of its products overseas in Asia and Mexico. PetWise offers a fun, flexible, and pet-friendly working environment where employees are empowered to help design the future of the Company.
Â For more information on PetWise, visit https://www.petwisebrands.com/.
The annual base salary range for this position is $75K – $90K. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicantâs qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job.