E-Commerce Category Manager
Digital & E-Commerce — Bellingham, WA | Remote
We are seeking an experienced and results-driven Ecommerce Category Manager to join our team in our Bellingham, WA office. As an Ecommerce Category Manager, you will be learning from an experienced E-commerce team in the pet industry while also gaining the responsibility to further grow our Ecommerce product lines for industry leading pet brands. The role will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing our product profitability across online sales channels, all the while ensuring a seamless customer experience across all the products in our portfolio. Furthermore, the role will develop and implement strategies to increase website traffic, conversion rates, and overall online revenue.
- Responsible to include growth of our portfolio brands (PetWise, Furhaven, Pet Factory, Kitty Sift) on Amazon, Chewy, and many other ecommerce/omni-channel retailers
- Responsible for cross-functional collaboration to manage and direct all aspects of the ecommerce business, including building strategies from inception to execution
- Manage and constantly improve a distinctive and authentic online presence and experience for our customers
- Improve online results with a financial and KPI focus, ensuring ecommerce is aligned to achieve company revenue projections
- Maintain in stock positions through analysis of PO’s/sell through and communicating with supply planning
- Determine promotions and vendor funding amounts
- Maximize business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Compliance and chargeback monitoring
- Partner with the Product Development team to optimize assortment, promotion, and pricing strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as marketing, IT, and customer service, to ensure alignment and effective execution of ecommerce initiatives
- Implement effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to improve organic rankings and increase visibility on search engines.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify market trends, customer preferences, and potential new opportunities
- Develop and execute ecommerce strategies of online advertising campaigns, including paid search, display ads, and social media advertising, to drive targeted traffic and achieve marketing objectives.
- Develop and maintain accurate ecommerce analytics and reporting, providing regular insights and performance updates to the management team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, ecommerce best practices, and emerging technologies, recommending innovative strategies and tactics to drive business growth.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A four-year degree from a college or university or job experience preferred
- At least 4 years of professional experience in E-Commerce product and financial management.
- Required Knowledge, Ability, and Skills Proven success of building and managing brands to ensure achievement of annual targets in terms of revenue and operating expenses.
- Experience with other ecommerce platforms such as Amazon, Chewy, and other omni-channel pet retailers (e.g., Walmart) strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of ecommerce business models; trends, competitors, distribution channels, customer base, promotion, and products.
- Possess outstanding analytical skills and strong experience interpreting results.
- Demonstrated success with marketing campaigns that enable increased awareness, customer engagement and product recognition resulting in business success.
- Effective project management and time management skills that feed into planning and tracking of ongoing campaigns and development of marketing deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, writing and proofing skills.
- Highly self-motivated contributor who works well as an individual and within a team environment
- Strong strategic, creative, and analytical thinking with experience in tactical planning
- Creative thinker with an innate visual aesthetic
- Demonstrated technical skills to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
PetWise is an innovation-driven organization poised for growth that embraces the vision to delight its customers while outperforming its competitors. The Company is also committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA and is an industry leader in the development and branding of smart, stylish and innovative pet products. The Companyâs has a highly diversified brand portfolio which includes: SmartyKat, goDog, Sherpa, TrustyPup, Pet Factory, FurHaven, Petlinks, Pawscout, Kitty Sift and PoochPlanet, and is a category leader in pet toys, cat products, beds and travel accessories. Worldwise embraces diverse and passionate people who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace continuous improvement and who uphold Worldwiseâs values and, of course, LOVE pets.
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Novato, CA, with additional offices in Bellingham, WA, the Company has its product development, manufacturing and 3PL capabilities across the continental U.S. and Canada. They also procure some of its products overseas in China, Hong Kong and Mexico. PetWise offers a fun, flexible, and pet-friendly working environment where employees are empowered to help design the future of the Company. The team is comprised of individuals who possess a passionate interest in eCommerce, digital-engagement trends, product innovation/sustainability and how technology can be leveraged to exceed the expectations of every pet owner!
PetWise was purchased by middle-market, private equity investment fund A&M Capital Partners (AMCP) in late 2021 and in early 2922, it acquired FurHaven Pet Products (FurHaven), a pet industry eCommerce specialist. Collectively, the leadership team at FurHaven brings many years of pet and eCommerce experience to the enterprise. In Q1 of 2022, they also acquired Pet Factory& Kitty Sift. FurHaven will operate under the Worldwise corporate entity and will serve as the eCommerce platform for the company across all categories, including pet accessories, bedding, home, travel supplies, apparel, toys, treats and even pet tracking technology. FurHaven also serves as an innovator in branded product development and will provide creative supply chain solutions to both the eCommerce-centric part of the business as well as for Worldwiseâs omni-channel brick and mortar retail customers. For more information on PetWise, visit petwisebrands.com. For more information on FurHaven, visit https://furhaven.com/.