E-Commerce Manager - Pricing & Market Insights
Product Development — Bellingham, WA | Remote
PetWise-Bellingham seeks an experienced E-Commerce Manager, Pricing & Market Insights, who will manage cost and retail pricing strategies, eCommerce insights, and analytics for the eCommerce-first, omnichannel pet products company. The E-Commerce Manager, Pricing & Market Insights will build and maintain the KPI dashboard that drives decision-making across E-Commerce to include pricing and product selection.
- Develop cost and retail pricing strategy, structure, guidance for strategic product launches and existing offerings
- Audit pricing and margin for our key retail customers including Amazon and Chewy
- Build analytical insights across customer segments, products, and markets to find the right balance of pricing and promotion that optimizes profit and customer engagement
- Drive pricing and promo analysis tracking, determine implications for the business and communicate findings across the organization
- Build KPI dashboards (and understand its construction and use of APIs for populating it), including Amazon metrics.
- Manage the dashboard and own the single source of truth for key metrics.
- Collect and synthesize data, derive consumer and competitive insights, and communicate potential implications to key stakeholders (e.g., in sales, demand planning, and product development).
- Manage third-party tools or agencies (e.g., Helium 10, Jungle Scout, Keepa, Data Hawk, Merchant Words).
- Liaise with eCommerce team (e.g., to inform bid adjustments for retail media / advertising spend) and supply chain (e.g., to inform outbound shipments) and procurement (e.g., to inform items health/days on hand and safety stock).
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- 3-7 years in a data and analytics role with increasing responsibility in eCommerce or an omnichannel retail organization.
- Self-starting, free thinker with proven success driving insights on customers and competitors across eCommerce platforms.
- Quantitative rigor in data mining, analysis, and reporting to measure eCommerce selling success.
- Familiarity with API set-up and management.
- Proficiency in dashboard tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau) and SQL.
- Bachelorâs degree in Computer Science, Analytics, or other relevant field (or equivalent experience).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Pricing strategy and management
- Experience in pet products (e.g., beds, toys, treats).
- Consistency of information (dashboard reporting).
- Quarterly case of insight turning to use within business.
- Demand accuracy and Amazon out-of-stocks.
- Pet parent or pet lover.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
PetWise is an innovation-driven organization poised for growth that embraces the vision to delight its customers while outperforming its competitors. The Company is also committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA and is an industry leader in the development and branding of smart, stylish and innovative pet products. The Companyâs has a highly diversified brand portfolio which includes: SmartyKat, goDog, Sherpa, TrustyPup, Pet Factory, FurHaven, Petlinks, Pawscout, Kitty Sift and PoochPlanet, and is a category leader in pet toys, cat products, beds and travel accessories. Worldwise embraces diverse and passionate people who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace continuous improvement and who uphold PetWise values and, of course, LOVE pets.
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Novato, CA, with additional offices in Bellingham, WA, the Company has its product development, manufacturing and 3PL capabilities across the continental U.S. and Canada. They also procure some of its products overseas in China, Hong Kong and Mexico. PetWise offers a fun, flexible, and pet-friendly working environment where employees are empowered to help design the future of the Company. The team is comprised of individuals who possess a passionate interest in eCommerce, digital-engagement trends, product innovation/sustainability and how technology can be leveraged to exceed the expectations of every pet owner!
PetWise was purchased by middle-market, private equity investment fund A&M Capital Partners (AMCP) in late 2021 and in early 2022, it acquired FurHaven Pet Products (FurHaven), a pet industry eCommerce specialist. Collectively, the leadership team at FurHaven brings many years of pet and eCommerce experience to the enterprise. In Q1 of 2022, they also acquired Pet Factory and Kitty Sift. FurHaven will operate under the PetWise corporate entity and will serve as the eCommerce platform for the company across all categories, including pet accessories, bedding, home, travel supplies, apparel, toys, treats and even pet tracking technology. FurHaven also serves as an innovator in branded product development and will provide creative supply chain solutions to both the eCommerce-centric part of the business as well as for PetWiseâs omni-channel brick and mortar retail customers.
The annual base salary range for this position is $55K – $90K. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicantâs qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job.