National Account Manager
Sales — Remote
PetWise is an industry leader of smart, stylish, innovative and environmentally responsible pet products. We were founded in 1990 and our pet products are available across multiple retail and online channels throughout the world. We offer a collegial culture, a beautiful office location in Marin County, opportunities for career growth and competitive compensation and benefits. Come join our team and help us design the future of the company.
This role will be focused on supporting Target, Tractor Supply, Farm Channel and Value Channel.Â This sales leader will need to work across the functional teams to build customer plans using category data, insights across our existing brands and product lines.Â Demonstrate expertise in selling/negotiating and managing complex customer situations.Â Execute and deliver the sales and profit goals.
- Work to develop our strategy, identify areas of opportunity and execute
- Build relationships with buyers, analysts and sourcing teams to secure business opportunities
- Assist in line review development, analytical analysis, securing samples, completing item paperwork
- Responsible for forecasting the product needs and financial outlooking of the business
- Attending and representing PetWise at national tradeshows
- Review details of customer profitability and take necessary action
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of Customer Service to accounts
- Leading monthly meetings with Sales Reps around key accounts
- Holding business reviews to assess opportunities for sales
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of outside sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years of key account management experience
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office required
- Ability to travel, including up to 30% overnight stays
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience in Pet Space (CPG for Pet)
- Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of business and business terminology
- Excellent time management, planning skills, and managing budgets
- ** Applicants will be able to work remotely**
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
PetWise is an innovation-driven organization poised for growth that embraces the vision to delight its customers while outperforming its competitors. The Company is also committed to sustainability, has innovation in its DNA and is an industry leader in the development and branding of smart, stylish and innovative pet products. The Companyâs has a highly diversified brand portfolio which includes: SmartyKat, goDog, Sherpa, TrustyPup, Pet Factory, FurHaven, Petlinks, Pawscout, Kitty Sift and Pooch Planet, and is a category leader in pet toys, cat products, beds and travel accessories. PetWise embraces diverse and passionate people who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace continuous improvement and who uphold PetWiseâs values and, of course, LOVE pets.
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Novato, CA, with additional offices in Bellingham, WA, McAllen, Tx, Mundelein, IL; the Company has its product development, manufacturing and 3PL capabilities across the continental U.S. and Canada. They also procure some of its products overseas in China, Hong Kong and Mexico. PetWise offers a fun, flexible, and pet-friendly working environment where employees are empowered to help design the future of the Company. The team is comprised of individuals who possess a passionate interest in eCommerce, digital-engagement trends, product innovation/sustainability and how technology can be leveraged to exceed the expectations of every pet owner!
PetWise was purchased by middle-market, private equity investment fund A&M Capital Partners (AMCP) in late 2021 and in early 2022, it acquired FurHaven Pet Products (FurHaven), a pet industry eCommerce leader. For more information on PetWise, visit https://www.petwiseproducts.com.
The annual base salary range for this position is $125K – $135K. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicantâs qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job.